Monday 28 April 2014

EXPERIMENTATION: Polaroids (tracing paper)

I then went about doing another polaroid experiment using tracing paper. However, this time I used a different concept, printing only a single image. This I didn't particularly like as I feel it doesn't leave much for the imagination. This lead me back to using the same ideas as the first polaroid experimentation to create an installation of polaroids, similar to the one seen in my original inspiration of One Direction's 'Story Of My Life' video.

I preferred this as it meant that the images appearance would change with every change in the positioning of the viewer. The way I lit the piece up also changed what was seen, making some areas harder to make out and others clearer. I like this as again, like my first experimentation, it is hard to make out what was in the past and what is the present, blurring the boundaries between the two. For my final piece I would like to make a structure similar to this which applies this concept.







No comments:

Post a Comment