Monday 28 April 2014

EXPERIMENTATION: Polaroids (Paper)







After studying the polaroid works of both Maurizio Gallimberti and David Hockney, I went about creating my own polaroids using my edited overlapped images onto opaque white paper. This was then backed up onto additional white paper, to create the impression of a polaroid photograph. I used a similar layout as seen in both Gallimberti and Hockney's work by focussing each polaroid on specific parts to then use them all to create a bigger picture. I think the black and white overlapped images  
as one big picture creates a ghostly outline, however, I find that when thrown about and mixed around the image is more interesting as it is a literal jumble of the past and the present, making it impossible to see the two as separate.

No comments:

Post a Comment