Saturday 15 February 2014

INSPIRATION: ARTISTS RESEARCH: Ben Winston


This video by One Direction, entitled 'Story Of My Life' was released on October 25th 2013 by 'Syco music and Columbia records' .
The video was directed by Ben Winston, who also shot together the boy bands video for 'Best Song Ever'
The video features the band's family members including Zayn Malik's sister, Harry Styles' mother, Liam Payne's parents and sisters, Niall Horan's brother and Louis Tomlinson's grandparents, two of whom are now deceased.
The video begins in a dark room with the band developing photos, this then cuts into close-up shots of the family photos for each member of the band and show the photographs morphing into the same family members doing a current recreation of the photos.
The video has given me ideas of how I could go about experimenting with my own project.
I really like the idea of re-shooting or photographing past photographs to show the change between then and now. 
I have decided to focus on this aspect and the idea of the changes I, myself have gone through from a young age to now.


No comments:

Post a Comment