Monday 31 March 2014

ARTIST'S RESEARCH: Maurizio Galimberti


I found this artist, Maurizio Galimberti through a website called 'Trendland'.
He is a celebrated Italian master of Polaroid who creates abstract mosaic portraits of celebrities by shooting a number of individual frames which is then rearranged into a larger grid.
The piece, entitled 'Celebrity Works' uses close-up shots to give an intimate quality to the photographs, whereas the layering of the images, gives the impression that the piece is 3D.
His work appealed to me as I liked the idea of using a set of images to create one impacting image.
I also like the use of Polaroid's as it is a camera which allows instant photographs to be taken and in my case as I am looking into the idea of life, it can take an instant memory within that photograph. It is also interesting to see the celebrities in such an intimate form as it is not something which is usually seen, seeing as they live in the constant eye of the public, so have to live in an environment where they must be aware of their behaviour.
I would like to go about using this idea to create a new set of experiments, to reverse the idea of creating instant memories but using the Poloroid's to bring back memories







No comments:

Post a Comment