Monday 10 March 2014

ARTISTS INTERPRETATION: Edited Photographs

I edited my original photographs using an online editing site called 'pixlr'.
I used the editor to layer the photographs over eachother, using similar images to show the contrasts between then and now.
This idea was inspired by the work of Ben Winston in his music video for One Direction's 'Story of my Life'.
I particularly like how, when overlapped, the images distort what is the present and what was the past, and the images become quite transparent giving a ghostly effect; representative of how the past is literally just a ghost of the life I once lived, and showing how now everything has changed.
I like this method as I feel it is an easy, visual way to show big differences in my life and is an idea I will ocntinue to test out throughout my project.



















No comments:

Post a Comment